Last Updated 8/18/22
This Policy also describes the choices you can make about how L'AVANT collects and uses certain elements of your personal information and how you can change or delete your personal information.
By accessing or using our Site, you agree to our Site’s Terms and Conditions and the terms of this Policy, including but not limited to our collection and processing of your personal information. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions and the terms of this Policy, do not access our Site.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect personal information from you to provide the services you request. This personal information includes:
- Contact information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number.
- Account information such as your username and password
- Demographic information such as your gender, birthdate, zip code.
- Billing information such as credit/debit card number and billing address.
- Shopping history such as the items you view, add to your cart, purchase or return.
- Information you include in your posts on our Site, such as personal information in a rating or review.
- We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
- Preferences such as product wish lists, order history and marketing preferences.
- Email addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Device information such as the type of device you use to access our Site. For example, we may collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Site or may include information that allows us to approximate your location.
- Log and analytics data information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
- Your personal information from third parties such as:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram. The information we receive from social media sites depends on the social media site’s policies and your settings on that site.
- Family, friends and others who provide your personal information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you.
- Companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services you request.
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send you information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to provide you with information or advertising related to our products or services.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our Site may contain links to sites, plug-ins, applications, or other online services owned or operated by third parties. If you click on a link to a third-party site or other online service, you will be taken to a site or other online service we do not control. Those third-party sites or other online services are not governed by this Policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites and other online services. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites and other online services carefully.
Pixel tags, cookies and/or other analytical tools in L'AVANT’s emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may also work with businesses that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, but no personal information is shared with those third-party businesses.
We may combine the information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other analytical tools with other information we may have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our Site, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy.
- On Our Site. For example, we may display personal information you post on our Ratings & Reviews feature. We may also display personal information you submit in connection with a promotion.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Site.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion. We may also share personal information with data aggregators, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties whose products or services we believe you may be interest in. These third parties may also share your personal information with others. These third parties may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others including delivery of interest-based advertising.
- For Business Transactions or Reorganizations. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing or sale of all or a portion of our company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- To Comply With The Law Or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For other reasons we may describe to you.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
The Internet is not 100% secure. Like all businesses, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you provide to us via our Site. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Site. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password. While we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and personal information exchanged between you and us through our Site cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and personal information may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Options you select are browser and device specific.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
We are not a site targeted at children or those under the age of 18. By using our Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use our Site.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 though our Site. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STATE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURE
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain states. Please refer below for disclosures that may apply to you:
Nevada. Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada opt-out”.
California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights as to personal information maintained by businesses subject to the statute. Those rights include the following:
- The right to request disclosure of personal information, including the categories of personal information collected, the source of the personal information, any use made of the personal information, and, if personal information was disclosed or sold to third parties, the categories of such personal information and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold.
- The right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about the requesting individual during the 12 months before the request;
- The right – with certain exceptions – to have personal information deleted;
- The right to request that personal information not be sold to third parties; and
- The right not to be discriminated on the basis of having asserted privacy rights.
California residents may file a request for their personal information to any business subject to the CCPA twice within a twelve-month period. The responding business will need to obtain information from the requesting party so that it can verify their identity. The business must respond within forty-five (45) days of receiving a request for personal information.
If you are a California resident, you have the rights identified in the Statement of Statutory Rights of California Consumers above to have access to your personal information, and to have information deleted. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Consumer Privacy”.
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted based on the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the services);
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you as our customer;
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions or communications for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
Personal information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Site is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGING MARKETING PROGRAM
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the SMS/MMS Mobile Messaging Marketing Program (the ”Program”) to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in our sole discretion, we believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, we may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
430 15th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112